Lucky breaks do not come in business. You need to pave the path to success. Right now, no business growth can thrive for long without some form of digital transformation. Almost all brick-and-mortar businesses have a website that allows their patrons to check out their latest collections, promotional offers, and to get in touch with their customer service reps. E-commerce is no longer a fad that caters a select few. As of 2017, as many as 96% of Americans shop from online stores to save time, money and effort.
Here are a few new numbers that will make you rethink your online business strategies for this year:
- About 20% people shop online while on the move.
- 23% of the shoppers love to indulge during their time at work.
- Even while in the bathroom, as many as 20% people use e-commerce sites to shop for daily necessities.
- Almost a whopping 43% of the shoppers shop from their beds, while comfortably snuggling with their pillows and blankets!
E-commerce has brought a sense of comfort and luxury to daily shopping. Even while shopping for toiletries people do not have to put on their coats and start their cars. They can just pick their phones and ask for express delivery on their doorsteps.
It is time for all entrepreneurs and start-up owners to consider dipping their toes in the e-commerce wave. Here's a comprehensive plan of how to achieve that:
Hire a professional to do it for you
Large conglomerates often do not have the time to focus on website development, and they hire teams of professionals to do it for them. It is easier for more prominent brands since they have the necessary funds. An experienced website design firm's assistance is costly without a doubt. Smaller businesses and start-ups often resort to smaller teams or individual developers. As a result, there is a stark difference in the rendering, and functionalities of their respective websites.
When it comes to e-commerce, you need to think of quality before cost. It is indeed difficult for new ventures and SMEs to commission the services of well-known developers, but there are several ways to raise funds for the same. While you can opt for small business loans and personal loans for this purpose, consolidation loans are often more resourceful when it comes to short-term expenses of large measures. Or you can look for more cost-efficient ways to get your venture or business online.
Do it yourself with the help of WordPress
Website design and DIY have become synonymous thanks to WordPress trends. It is the leading CMS platform, and it powers over 26% of the web. WordPress has the potential to offer your business a website in just a couple of hours without any need for extensive coding. In fact, you can design an e-commerce website in 5 easy steps. Here's how you can do it:
Find your e-commerce plug-in
While most users opt for WooCommerce because it is the most famous one, you can also choose for Easy Digital Downloads. EDD is ideal for clutter-free backend designs. There are several such e-commerce plug-ins for WordPress, and you can explore all of them before picking the most suitable one.
Pick your theme
WordPress makes picking a theme for an e-commerce site so much easier. You can pick one theme today, add the features and customize the plug-ins. Then after a few days or weeks, when your site outgrows the theme, you can always choose another one to suit your needs.
You need to remember a couple of points while picking a new theme:
- The theme needs to be responsive. It should be 100% retina ready and compatible with a myriad of available displays.
- Your end product should be aesthetically appealing. Consider the products you sell and check if your theme resonates with your brand image too.
- Functionality should be a deciding factor too. WordPress has several themes that come with added features. However, a considerable number of functionalities will make the development process cumbersome and will tend to slow down the website loading process.
- Consider your release frequency too while picking a theme. If your team is not actively maintaining the theme and updating the core, it will be in direct conflict with the e-commerce plug-in.
What features will your website have?
WordPress comes with a plethora of feature additions and modifications. That’s why almost all WP sites have a huge number of feature customization options. Loading your website with too many features will hamper the performance of the same. You need to prioritize the features and pick the ones that matter the most to the functionality of your site.
WordPress allows all users to add new features and functionalities through the addition of plug-ins. You can opt for multiple third-party plug-ins to optimize your e-commerce performance.
Integrate your current website
This is crucial for all entrepreneurs with existing sites. By opting for WordPress you can always pay less attention to coding, designing, and detail, and focus more on setting up a functional online store. If you already have a website that lacks e-commerce features, it must also have dedicated followership. So go ahead and integrate your site with your online store to leverage your already loyal followers.
Get ready to roll!
Once your store is ready, it is time for the big unveiling in front of the right audience. Here are the 3 tasks most important at this stage:
- Promote: Share your website links, genuine content and exciting stories on social media. Create a buzz using promotional offers, newsletters and push notifications.
- Network: Send your target audience to a landing page with a subscription form. Build new connections by encouraging people to sign up for your email list.
- Affiliate: Work with other brands, social media influencers and trigger your passive income as early as possible.
WordPress has made it easier for all businesses to get an online website and e-commerce functionalities. In fact, thanks to the flurry of new and old third-party plug-ins, WordPress sites are always one step ahead when it comes to marketing and promotions. So, grab your chance at leading the pack, try your hand at creating your own e-commerce website without spending a fortune, today!
About the Author:
Simon Morris is an experienced and skilled Business consultant and Financial advisor in the USA. He helps clients both personal and professional in long-term wealth building plans. During his spare time he loves to write on Business, Finance, Marketing, Social Media. He loves to share his knowledge and Experts tips with his readers.