The magic of images in your website's content is proven beneficial by a recent study, stating that almost 94% of website visitors will most likely look at different content in your site with fascinating imagery instead of a normal text post. Dynamic images are a great option to improve your companies B2B marketing strategies.
Website visitors spend an average of almost 60 seconds looking at the website’s main page. Make sure that this image in your site establishes your branding effectively.
In this article, we will look at three different ways on how to maximize the use of dynamic images in your website’s content marketing.
Create or Find Images
Produce images in your content that are of the best quality for being displayed. It is better to find high-quality photos than using a photo from your smartphone. You may want to consider investing in a photographer for your company.
Hiring a professional photographer will ensure that all photos maintain a consistent level of quality. They can help with headshots if you need portrait photos for your site or they can help by taking photos of your products. According to a research article in 2016, two-thirds of consumers value high-quality product images when purchasing a product online. The statistic shows that the quality can boost overall sales and revenue. Here’s a guide on product photography to show the different benefits and effects on business.
Consider the use of stock and royalty-free images to include in your content. Royalty-free images are the cheaper image option compared to stock photos, which you can use in your website and company projects. Royalty-free images are free to use in various marketing content as well as in your site without paying for additional fees. Given that these photos are cheap and often distributed to many users, the chances of seeing a royalty-free image on another website is relatively high. On the other hand, you can use stock photos which is the complete opposite of royalty-free. They are pricier than royalty-free and has limited rights. After purchasing, you can only use the image on a specific website project. One good thing about stock photos is that the photos they sell are only sold for a limited number of times to ensure that the image is not going to look like a commonly used photo by various websites.
After getting the perfect photos for your content, you need to categorize images according to their purpose:
- Blog images. These photos serve as visual aids for your website text content.
- Product images. These are the photos show the product you are selling to your customers.
- Lastly, this kind of image showcases different information, data, and statistics more fascinatingly and creatively.
Optimizing your Images
Image optimization is the process of reducing the file sizes of your images without compromising its quality. This process will greatly improve your page loading speed. Here are some practices you need to consider in image optimization:
- Naming your images descriptively. It is important to use keywords in your image’s file names since search engines also crawl on the image file names, not only on the text visible in your site. It will be better to change the name into a descriptive one instead of retaining the image name from the camera.
- Alt attributes are the text that will pop up when a user’s browser cannot render the image. Remember to utilize this feature and add appropriate alt attributes to your images to help you get a better ranking in search engines.
- Reduce the file size of your images. According to a report by BBC, almost half of customers online will not wait for more than 3 seconds for your site to load. Images are loading first before the whole website, so it is crucial for you to put up images with small file sizes to increase page load speed.
Sitemap: Adding your Images
Image sitemaps are where your images live to in order for Google to find them in a search. You can do this by simply adding your images to your existing sitemap, or making your sitemap solely for images.
If you consider your images an important part of your site, you would want to add them to your sitemap, following the Webmaster Tools Help Center can be a great help or this example:
Google offers image extensions for your sitemaps; it can help you in putting this information:
- Image type
Images can do a lot for your website since its visual appeal attracts more viewers and can increase the amount of traffic on your site. Making sure only to add photos that will improve the message you want to get across and not just clutter your site to prevent any issues that may arise.
How can you use dynamic images to up your marketing content?
Create or Find Images
Utilize a Sitemap
Topics: Sales & Marketing